This course provides examples of asbestos-containing materials that may be present in the workplace. It discusses the health risks of asbestos exposure and who is at the greatest risk.
The purpose of this training is to present control measures to address the hazards of working around asbestos-containing materials to reduce exposure risks. The training draws on the hierarchy of controls and encourages the highest control that is practical to complete the task.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the difference between naturally occurring asbestos and how it may be contained in products used in the workplace.
- Recognise where asbestos may occur in the workplace.
- Learn who is at greatest risk of exposure to coming into contact with asbestos during their work activities.
- Understand the purpose of asbestos registers and management plans.
- Learn who can safely remove asbestos and the competencies required.
- Apply the hierarchy of controls when working around materials containing asbestos or removing asbestos from the work area.
- Understand the purpose of health monitoring to record exposure to asbestos.
Course length: 10 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 7 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- In-depth Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.