Your company is expected to conduct its business ethically and with integrity both in your country, with your neighbours and overseas.
Bribery and corruption are serious risks when conducting business. Bribery is a criminal offence. It carries severe penalties for companies and severe penalties and disciplinary issues for any officers and employees who are involved in any offence.
This course describes what a bribe is and the many forms that they can take. It explains what is acceptable when exchanging gifts and entertainment when working with suppliers and clients. The course highlights the importance of tight procurement processes and provides examples of areas to watch out for that have the potential for corruption.
At the completion of this course learners will:
- Understand what a bribe is and learn that it is a criminal offence.
- Familiarise themselves with examples of bribes that could occur in the workplace.
- Understand what a facilitation payment is and learn that they are bribes.
- Learn the expectations around exchanging gifts or entertainment to create goodwill.
- Learn what to watch out for in the procurement process and how to engage through a fair and formal process.
- Understand some of the critical areas that have the potential for corruption.
- What to do and when to speak out if there is a concern about possible improper conduct.
Course length: 10 mins (7-minute animated and subtitled video + 7 short answer assessment)
- Certificate of completion
- Detailed Reporting
- Facilitator’s Guide including video transcript and Assessment Q&A’s
- Optional pass rate
- All content can be customised
- Pause and resume function
Available in English.